Blogs I follow

Monday, July 1, 2013

Leavitt Weaver...






As I think back on experiences that had a tremendous impact on me as a  designer, I must say that working with the wildly talented firm,  Leavitt Weaver was life altering.  I was hired to do a fantastic project at Desert Mountain in Scottsdale, Arizona and the architecture required a unique and fresh concept for furniture placement.  There was not a straight wall on the entire floor plan, so everything suggested a radius!   As research began, I met with Leavitt Weaver’s principal designer, Stephen Weaver in San Francisco and was forever changed.

Completely charming and approachable (I must admit that I was nervous to meet such a talent), we sat down and reviewed the project and talked about the concept I saw for my clients.  With grace and humor, he led me down an entirely different path and before I knew it, I was hooked!  Stephen taught me so much during the three year process as we navigated having almost every piece custom built for the home.  Many things started with production pieces but then we revised selections in to exacting scale and color for each room.  My clients were thrilled (thank goodness they trusted me) and I was a different designer after the project.

Craig Leavitt, a partner in the firm,  gave me the “Sister Parish” grounding of the traditional element to the project and Stephen gave me the “out of the box” concepts I could have never come up with.  Sounds like a perfect design team to me!

I am honored to have had the opportunity to work with these two brilliant men and they continue to do amazing and impressive work.  I encourage you to check out their website, Leavitt Weaver.

Thank you Stephen and Craig!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment