Blogs I follow

Wednesday, July 2, 2014

It was meant to be….


It's so funny how things work out.  I was preparing for my blog this week and I laughed at myself as I was thinking, “ I must have a thing for architects this month”  I have been on the hunt for a new dining light fixture and I came across Achille Salvagni.  He is an architect  from Rome that has garnered a respected reputation for his designs, most notably for high end super yachts.  This work in some part is responsible for his own limited edition furniture and lighting collection which is how I spotted his fabulous Spider Chandelier.

When I picked up this month’s edition of Elle Décor, I found on its pages, a spread showcasing the home of Benoist Drut.  He happens to be a co-owner of Maison Gerard, the gallery which represents Achille Salvagni in New York.  When I saw this story I thought, well, it must be meant to be that I write about this collection!

I love how chic yet sophisticated the entire line appears.  From lighting to furniture, his use of materials is in concert with sheer luxury.  Organic in its design by way of  the use of rock crystals, patinated bronze, burnished aluminum, onyx and polished fiberglass, the end result is simply smashing!  You can certain detect references to another notable Italians such as Gio Ponti and Paolo Buffa in terms of inspiration but Achille is a lover of all aspects of design from the Renaissance period to French mid-century.  His genius brings to the market place rich and refreshing furnishings that suggest outstanding quality.

What is really fun is to experience the website at www.achillesalvagni.com.  It is a dance with illustration and photography that is a visual thrill to experience.  Very unique in its presentation and enviable in its approach.  Bravo to Mr. Salvagni……

Gilt and Patinated Bronze and Onyx Six Arm “Spider” Chandelier by Achille Salvagni

Contemporary Shield Cabinet of oak with aluminum doors by Achille Salvagni


Carved Noir Dorè Marble and Patinated Bronze Mirror by Achille Salvagni

Lens LED light fixture of glass and alabaster by Achille Salvagni


Cabinet in solid Ebony Wood with Parchment Covered Sides and two doors
 with Concave Decoration in Platinum Sheet by Achille Salvagni

 


Super Yacht Designs by by Achille Salvagni




Visit the595project.com

No comments:

Post a Comment