Blogs I follow

Monday, July 1, 2013

I'm no Mary Hart!






Ok, so I have some work to do refining my interview skills.  I’ve just finished my first live interview with Erin Hasler of Ija Designs for my website, the595project.  I wanted to have our followers get a more intimate view of whom I feature by way of a conversation.  Although I am very pleased with my first attempt and how Erin’s talent and story is out to the world, I do feel I need some mentoring to get it together completely when I’m in front of the camera.  Somehow though, I do feel closer to my interview sister, Mary Hart.  Truly, is there anyone better than this TV treasure?



I’ve known Mary personally for years and I will tell you she is one of the most genuine, polite and sincere people I have ever met.  She always treats everyone equally, no matter who they are.  In any given environment, she gives everyone her most focused attention.  I’ve been with her when she’s receiving awards publicly, on her set for Entertainment Tonight and with her privately and she is downright incredible.  Her parents clearly did a fantastic job instilling the basics of grace and genuine manners to their daughter, and I’m sure they are very proud of her.

I may have to conference with Mary on pointers regarding how to ask interesting questions and not look nervous!  Also, I may need her advice on proper posture and possible tricks of the trade, such as how to hold still while on camera.  Knowing Mary she’d give it to me straight yet encourage me to get in there for the next round!



I miss her on Entertainment Tonight and I will guarantee you that she is as nice as anyone of my favorite people.  I am planning on doing my next interview for “Spotlight” with the live interview format again, so I better get on the horn and get Miss Mary to kick in some insider secrets to help me get it down pat for the next go around!

No comments:

Post a Comment