Blogs I follow

Tuesday, December 8, 2015

Such a Good Egg!

Arne Jacobsen’s design simply could not have been better. I really have not sat in a more comfortable chair! The original design was for the lobby and reception areas of the Royal Hotel in Copenhagen in 1958. The concept gives the user a sense of privacy in a public environment and I would describe it as a cocoon kind of feeling enhanced by the easy swivel feature. The driving goal and the most marked characteristic is the feeling of coziness and comfort.

The good news is, I have two vintage egg chairs in my inventory ready to be upholstered in fabric of your choice. I've put together some photos for inspiration and I can tell you that the collection of rooms vary from traditional to modern. These chairs can work in either setting.

These vintage gems are in fact SPECTACULAR!



 


 
 

 






 
  
 






 
 
 


No comments:

Post a Comment