Blogs I follow

Wednesday, June 4, 2014

You can "Shop the Look" at the595project.com


Every Wednesday the 1stdibs website sends out its "Love for Design" to the world by way of interesting feature stories about talent from around the globe.  It is always so inspiring to read; especially since being in Oregon puts us about as far away from The Big Apple as possible.  When I read the story about the New York Design Center (NYDC), I was excited to see what would be featured on the 1stdibs floor of showrooms.

 As I perused the pictures, (I’m so bad about reading the text!) I was surprised to see on page 9 a photo featuring a Caribou mount.  I purchased one for the595project website because I just loved the look.  Although I wasn't completely sure that customers would receive it well, I decided it looked so cool that I just had to have it!  When mine sold, I was thrilled!




Caribou Antler Mount at the595project



As I clicked through further, on page 12, I see a brass Ibex table base.  I have one of those too on the website!  Now I’m feeling a bit of sisterhood with my design family on Lexington Avenue.  The Ibex coffee table base we have is one of my most recent finds and I just loved it after I saw the desk version in a photograph for Tamara Mellon’s office at Jimmy Choo.   My shoe goddess has channeled my inner design passion!





Ibex Coffee Table at the595project



My favorite moment in reading the article was seeing the classic and beautiful Eames 670/671 lounge chair and ottoman featured on the same page as the Ibex table.  The first one I found was such a rite of passage for building knowledge and respect for mid-century design.  When I put the set on my website, we found the video from the Arlene Francis show, circa 1956, when Charles and Ray Eames presented the new design to the public.  I've had so many customers enjoy seeing the video and it has served as a platform for me to explain the outstanding design features and materials that ignited the design sensibilities of this iconic team.  I wonder what it would feel like if they could see after all these years, that their chair and ottoman is still sought after by designers and their clients all over the world.




If you look at any interior design publication abroad or domestic and you will see a photograph with an Eames lounge set gracing its pages.  I will never tire of the sleek sexy look and the automatic cool vibe of the brilliance showcased by Eames team.



Eames Lounge Chair & Ottoman at the595project


I've just sold my third Eames chair and Ottoman and I can’t wait to find another.  The Rosewood is divine and the leather that has seen some age is timeless.

I am inspired to see that in the Northwest you can “Shop the Look” right from the595project.com

I love my job!!

No comments:

Post a Comment