Blogs I follow

Tuesday, June 17, 2014

Now, this is what I call a CORNER!

I guess I’m still on a flower kick, especially since the growing season is so short in Oregon and in particular, in Bend Oregon.  I have learned over the years that when June hits you want to find the most mature plants and baskets that you can. That way you"ll have abundant color in your garden.

If you want to see some real creativity and outstanding displays of floral fauna, then look no further than The Garden Corner in Tualatin Oregon.  As you drive around the corner towards the entrance, huge baskets bursting in color line the street.  That is only the beginning because what you see on display, once inside the property, is a kaleidoscope of plant life that leaves nothing to the imagination.  The owner John, greeted me with a warm welcome and offered to fix me an iced coffee to sip on as I meandered the wood planked paths that grace the grounds.  The paths take you towards many different examples of plant life artfully displayed in many different settings.  I found myself sitting down on benches just to take in everything.  Soon I arrived at the planting station.  There I met Karen, the design force behind many of the interesting arrangements.  She is a kind person, soft spoken but willing to talk “plant” if you know what I mean!  She was interested in knowing the growing conditions of where the plants were going.  For example sun exposure, drought tolerance and temperature challenges.  After counseling with her, she went to work and produced a very special and unique hanging pair of orbs that made me giddy.  I am over the moon!

I hope many of you, when you are in Portland over the summer, can take a short trip to this paradise off of Boones Ferry Road and take it all in.  I promise you won’t be disappointed and you will leave this “corner” of the world feeling uplifted and inspired.

















Victoria with Karen of The Garden Corner
My "Orbs" at our beautiful Mountain Cabin

Visit the595project.com
Visit the595project.com

No comments:

Post a Comment