Blogs I follow

Tuesday, June 24, 2014

GORGEOUS GEORGIS


How brilliant is it, that William Georgis came up with the edgy mix of color in the first photo featured today.  A dusty mauve sofa, with a black and white carpet, followed by a painting of primary red!  How cool is that and I must say, it’s perfect.

I became a fan of William Georgis and his firm, William Georgis Architect from New York, when I read about him on 1stdibs.  After working for many years at another architectural firm, 1992 was his breakout year, bringing in tow five other architects and four interior designers.  I can only imagine the artistic excellence that you’d experience working for this creative force.  Wouldn't it be amazing!  I guess I love the mix of antiques, with contemporary, accented with mid-century and a bit of whimsy to boot.

His book, that launched this past year, Make it Fabulous, has a complete overview of his irresistible style.  His trained eye can carve out architectural masterpieces which then soar when the flawless interior design is created.  In my view, the book is a must and I hope the following visuals ignite something in your crazy design eye that’s been lying dormant!









William Georgis new book "Make it Fabulous"

No comments:

Post a Comment