Blogs I follow

Sunday, October 5, 2014

I love Shinny Things...

I've had this post nearly completed for over a week and for one reason or another, I just couldn't quite close the gap!  I am happy to bring it to you today and give a nod to October being Breast Cancer Awareness month.

I think every proprietor of collectible and eclectic furnishings has regretted letting something go.  Mine is an easy standout and it was one of the first things I purchased for the595project.  I found an incredible art piece in Tucson Arizona at Augustus Paris Antiques.  It was a large chrome wall panel that was purchased in Paris at the iconic Street Fair.  I fell in love with it and purchased it for my shop.  As soon as I got it home I received a call from the owner asking me if I’d consider selling it to her sister!  Roberta, the owner of Augustus Paris explained that her sister was just sick over it being gone and would love to have it for her home in Texas.  I agreed to sell it and off it went to the Longhorn State!

After talking with the new owner of the chrome piece that I really didn't want to sell, she told me she owned a Chateau in Paris where she spends a fair amount of time.  Chateau Robert, her amazing place is available for rent and all the sudden a light went on!  I was on the Founding Board of BIGHORN BAM, which supports women fighting the battle of breast cancer and every year we have an auction.   I asked Sabrina, the owner of the Chateau, if she would donate her lovely place as an auction item for our fund raising event.  She agreed and it was a big success! 

I've never seen another single item that comes close to this remarkable chrome piece.  I guess the good ending gives me tremendous pleasure.  I've collected several other looks for this blog featuring chrome to inspire you and of course I have a photo of the one that got away!





The one that got away...

Milo Baughman Chrome Sofa




















No comments:

Post a Comment