Blogs I follow

Tuesday, September 9, 2014

Maison Gerard reception for William T. Georgis

It is with great pleasure that I announce that Maison Gerard Gallery, in New York, will be introducing (exclusively) the wildly creative collection of William Georgis Furnishings on Wednesday September 10th, 2014, with a reception commencing at 6:00 pm.  Mr. Georgis will be attending.  I’ve written before about both, Maison Gerard and William Georgis but please allow me to recap and add a few more details.

Elle Décor, in its issue this month, has gathered an impressive list of creative design leaders.  These professionals, supported by their wildly savvy eye, provide a unique platform of ground breaking talent driven by design integrity.  Maison Gerard founder, Gerard Widdershoven along with his business partner Benoist Drut, are among a very small list of design leaders that were mentioned.  When you consider it was the magazines 25th Anniversary issue, the jury selection must have been grueling.  What an honor…

In June, I wrote about William Georgis but my focus was his new book “Make it Fabulous” and of course, his super cool design projects.  I had no idea he was developing a furniture line.  So, when the announcement came from Maison Gerard, I just had to write about it.  What a perfect team these two will be.  Watch for the Whalebone series.  It is edgy and crisp but comforting and inviting in its appearance.  I love the architectural base with its slim angular slabs in gold supporting the lush seat of deep ocean blue which was selected for the upholstery but custom is available.  The Console, which Georgis describes as a “sanguine epoxy flow,” is reminiscent of a poured bucket of paint and it must have a story to it.  I only wish I was there to find out the design inspiration behind the finished product!

Congratulations to both Maison Gerard and William Georgis...the design world just got even more FABULOUS!


The Whalebone armchair, in teal velvet


The Whalebone sofa, in Teal Velvet


The Santa Sangre console



No comments:

Post a Comment